Lunches, snacks and salads
For me every meal of the day brings different thoughts about what I would like to eat, lunch is where you can start to get really creative in the kitchen. By creating a flow in the way we cook, i.e. always a leftover or something you prepared earlier, to conjure up a little light lunch from. It is my favourite meal of the day; in many countries every thing stops for lunch! Suggest you do to.
It can be a wonderful combination of leftovers with a freshly prepared dish or two. For example today's lunch, consisted of soup made from the spicy swede with peas and tomato from last night's supper, to this a good dollop of sprouted houmus with some sunflower seed sprouts sprinkled on top, served with garlic toast and green salad.
A good tip for getting lots of lovely hemp seed inside you; grind the whole hemp seed in a coffee or seed grinder, this gives what is called hemp meal, enabling you to put loads of hemp into your recipes without the crunching being intrusive. Grinding it very finely like this brings out its wonderful earthy flavours, and is used in many of the recipes.
These recipes can be used for lunch, snacks or picnics. They show how to combine pre-prepared with raw foods. For example, cooked red lentils with ground sprouts makes a delicious burger bringing raw food nutrition to your dishes.
Lunch and Salad recipes
(Click on any recipe name for details)
- Mixed sprout burger in wholemeal bap with green leaves
- Sprouted Chickpea Houmus
- Raw Beetroot and Carrot Salad with hemp dressing
- Shredded Kale with a sprouted dressing
- Chinese Vegetable wraps with black beans
- Sprouted chickpea and lentil falafel with green leaves and tomato chilli mayonnaise
- Spicy polenta fingers
- Toasted seed hummus with sun-dried tomato, cumin, coriander and lime
- Spinach salad with lemon hemp dressing
- Carrot and parsnip bubble and squeak
- Salad of sprouts, tomato, basil and red onion with lemon dressing